certainly are completely out of time, but I said to myself that all in all, this post was worth publishing. If nothing else, to give an idea to someone who, year after year (and perhaps in 2010 in particular) has been faced with a real problem: Christmas gifts!
I for several years now I have drastically reduced to a minimum and those few, I decided that might be useful and very expensive. For children of course, books and more books by her aunt Bream by now do not expect much and I must say that, knowing choose beautiful and intelligent publications are always money well spent.
For older children, of course, my sphere of profit focuses on kitchen tools, or better yet, on culinary delicacies or special ingredients.
Because the beautiful gift, in my opinion, it is thought, and if possible, hand made, the year last year I paid homage to all my jams (if you are interested in the recipes can be found here , here, here and here ) sweet and sour. This year, however, I wanted to further simplify giving sugar and salt flavored with salt and lemon.
*
*
Then I "dress up the cans" with the remnants of linen (from the drawing very little Christmas, on the other) and I have decorated with red raffia or blue and a nice label. The labels I have developed a simple program, I added hand-drawn and then I made them print a copy shop. All very simple and doable by anyone.
Back to the top of the speech: they are certainly out of time for Christmas just gone (or in advance for the next crazy ...) but it seemed useful to give some indication of these simple preparations, may be useful for the gifts at any time of year, but that need to be prepared well in advance.
salt pepper and rosemary
salt Cervia salt or other coarse unrefined
organically grown and dried chili in the house
home-grown rosemary and dried
finely ground with a the crescent and the only chili rosemary, add salt to the mixture, very clean store in tightly sealed jars for at least two weeks before using.
better grasp the rosemary in the early morning and late summer (though, at least here on the island, the scent of rosemary is always!).
lemons in salt
marine salt
lemons
lemon juice
not too thinly slice the lemons and squeeze a couple available. In very clean jar, pour a little 'salt, then fill alternating slices of lemon and salt. Finally pour a little lemon juice.
I limoni sono pronti per essere utilizzati non prima di un mese.
Queste buonissime fette di limone possono essere usate per il pesce, per il cous-cous (trovate un esempio qui ) o le insalate di bulgur; vanno solo sciacquate velocemente prima di unirle alla preparazione.
Zucchero alla vaniglia
zucchero bianco (meglio del tipo “superfino”)
baccelli di vaniglia
For this dish, I recommend using a fairly large jar with airtight where a store for about a month or more pounds of sugar along with several vanilla beans first opened gently with a boxcutter.
After this time pour this clean scent of sugar into smaller jars where you can put a little piece of the pod. Needless to say, is great with tea.
Sugar Ginger
white sugar (preferably of the type "superfine")
dried ginger root
The same as for vanilla sugar is also true for the ginger. I recommend using dried ginger to prevent the fresh take with a foul odor over time. After about a month pour sugar in small jars and very clean and close well.
Excellent with tea, but also applicable to a Catalan cream or panna cotta a little 'details. It is more aromatic than vanilla and slightly "spicy."
Sugar Lavender
white sugar (preferably of the type "superfine")
lavender flowers grown and dried Home
This flavored sugar has a very particular taste, for example, I do not really like ... but, no doubt, is a highly refined preparation that will make you look good!
pick flowers di lavanda dalle proprie piante al massimo della fioritura e farli essiccare interi, poi “sgranarli” e unirli allo zucchero, dove dovranno rimanere almeno un paio di mesi. Non serve toglierli quando si travasa lo zucchero nei barattoli piccoli.
Perfetto per un tè con le amiche accompagnato da biscottini fatti in casa o da una bella torta!
0 comments:
Post a Comment