Saturday, January 15, 2011

Very Slightly Sore Breasts?

Branzino al sesamo

This simple recipe was inspired from having tasted a bit of crunchy sesame seeds. My brain and my heart were prepared for cubbaita of Sicilian memory ... and have been disappointed. The only question was crunchy and sweet sesame oil and toasted it sensed evil. Ok, my fault: I was expecting too much.
However, back home, I checked he still had a certain supply of sesame seeds, because it was a bit 'that I used them, and I re-proposed to introduce them as soon as possible some recipes. In practice: whatever I cooked for lunch I was sure I would have stuck sesame seeds ...


portion of Sea Bass
potatoes
sesame seeds
oil, salt, white pepper
garlic, chili powder
dried thyme and fennel (*)
vinegar
bulging, wash, and for security, flake fast bass with the tool (the skin must be removed, but always better to have no disturbing stray scales ...). Then remove the head, the dorsal fins (using a sturdy pair of scissors) and, finally, peel them completely, leaving them whole.
Peel the potatoes and slice thinly with a mandolin by gradually dropping the slices into acidulated water. Allow them to lose starch for about twenty minutes.
In a large frying pan motion, heat and low oil flavored with white pepper, red pepper, thyme, fennel and one or more cloves of smashed garlic, then toss the potato slices and sauté for about ten minutes by moving the pan constantly.
After this time, lay the fish over the potatoes, sprinkle with a little water, cover and cook over very gentle heat for about 5, 8 minutes, stir the pan occasionally, turn i pesci, ribagnare con pochissima acqua e completare la cottura.
Togliere i pesci dalla padella e mantenerli al caldo; gettare una manciata di semi di sesamo sulle patate, aggiungere un filo di olio, mescolare velocemente su fuoco vivace in modo che le patate si asciughino completamente; quindi farle scivolare sul piatto di portata, salare il tutto leggermente, adagiarvi i pesci e servire in tavola.

(*) Io ho usato erbe selvatiche raccolte quest’estate e fatte seccare in casa. In alternativa al timo selvatico va benissimo quello coltivato sul davanzale. Il finocchietto, invece, sul davanzale proprio non ne vuole sapere di crescere; però l’isola ne è piena e quindi consiglio di farne una bella scorta al momento della fioritura e di farlo seccare distendendo le infiorescenze tra due fogli di carta pulita. Quando sarà ben secco, sbriciolarlo delicatamente e conservarlo in un barattolo  a chiusura ermetica.

0 comments:

Post a Comment